[uf-discuss] Q&A

Benjamin West bewest at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 11:23:21 PST 2006

On 12/15/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <hS0CdBS2$ZgFFwaD at pigsonthewing.org.uk>, Andy Mabbett
> <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> writes
>
> >FAQs
>
> There are, of course, complications

Let's try to stay focused: can you point us at any URLs using the
idiom you outlined?

> One solution might be:
I suggest we avoid proposing markup before we look at existing mark up
and obtain a rich understanding of the problem we're solving.  Until
we do those things, it's all hypothetical, and a sub-optimal use of
time and effort.

> Another complication is the non-questioning questions, like "sign me
> up", the last item on:
>
>         <http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle/faq.shtml>
Nice find!  I wonder how many sites do this, ie is this behavior in
the 20% or the 80% of publishers choosing to publish faqs?  I also
wonder if it even matters, since this is trivially transformed into
"How do I sign up?."

Ben