wiki-thon? Re: [uf-discuss] Microformats.org usability review

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 2 14:04:22 PST 2006

On 2/2/06 1:16 PM, "David Osolkowski" <qidydl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/2/06, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
>> Review/revise desired pathways for:
>>         New users learning about microformats
>>         Microformat lifecycle
>
> Indeed, it does seem that people new to microformats are often either
> entirely unaware of or somewhat confused about the process that exists
> to create a microformat.  There have been a few instances of a
> proposal for a new microformat being sent to the list with, for
> example, no indication of current behavior or formats.  This is not an
> accusation; I recall several people talking about how the microformats
> process is a different way of doing things, thus it is reasonable to
> expect people will be unfamiliar with it.

Agreed.  As Ryan pointed out though,  there are far fewer people doing this
now (just sending proposals) than there were when we started the list, so
clearly we must be fixing something. :)

> Microformats-the-formats
> have gotten a lot of recognition, but microformats-the-process seems
> to be languishing a bit, when in fact they are significantly
> connected.

I'm a little unclear what you mean by "languishing".  It seems that not a
day goes by when we (even myself personally) must reference the process to
someone either on the list or in IRC.

Thanks,

Tantek