wiki-thon? Re: [uf-discuss] Microformats.org usability review

Christopher St John ckstjohn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 14:33:49 PST 2006

On 2/2/06, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On 2/2/06 1:57 PM, "Christopher St John" <ckstjohn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Other spec processses: review existing specs and usage of those specs
> Microformats: FIRST review existing usage on the web.
> Microformats places existing usage ABOVE existing specs, and this is a very
> important difference from other spec processes.

Fair enough. But easy to say, and hard to do, and around here it
does seem to get done.

> However, there are plenty of people at W3C and IETF etc. that take their
> respective processes quite seriously as well.  I don't think you inteded a
> slight there, but I just want to be clear that no such slight should have
> been intended.

Having particpated (at one level removed) in a big-name spec
organization process, I can say with absolutely certainty that it
never entered my mind to doubt how seriously the spec process
can be taken.

-cks

--
Christopher St. John