[uf-discuss] hAtom permalink

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Mon Feb 6 11:38:36 PST 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Ryan King wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2006, at 6:11 PM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:
>> Ryan King wrote:
>>> 2. "Entry Permalinks MUST be the same as the atom:link (or
>>> rss:link) used in syndication feeds"
>>> This is out-of-scope for a microformat. I suggest we eliminate it.
>>
>> SHOULD? Most hAtom producers will be Atom producers -- it would be
>> nice if this lined up.
>
> IMO, this doesn't belong in the hAtom spec. Sure, it'd be nice if
> these things lined up, but that has nothing to do with hAtom itself
> - its completely orthogonal.

Alright, accidentally hit send to early again (I hit Cmd-shift-D
instead of Cmd-Cntl-D)...

The point I'm trying to make here is that such clauses don't help us
any- they're essentially bloat on the spec, because they can't be
enforced, it doesn't gain us much if they are enforced and it makes
the format more complex.

-ryan

--
Ryan King