[uf-discuss] hCalendar test cases and parser

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:38:33 PST 2006

i have run X2V through some of the Tests and already caught several
problems with my XSLT code. Most of the errors are one of three
things:

1) i never implemented it (either because i forgot, or it has not been
fully discussed how to properly do so)
2) it is out if the scope of hCalendar (all the vAlarm, etc, we are at
the moment only concerned with vevent, but it is great to see that
there are test case for the other properties)
3) I use XSLTPROC to test input files against my XSLT, the problem is
that it is only natively aware of the 5 basic XML escape sequences
(& > < " ') so any additional HTML escape
sequences are invalid such as   — etc. That is why is use
Tidy to convert these to either their unicode equivalent or their
decimal representation. After that my of the offending examples pass
the tests.

In the next few days i hope to make any and all corrections to X2V and
bring-it-up-to-speed, most of the time recently has been spent on
hCard, so it will be good to clean-up loose ends for hCalendar

The few things i noticed X2V accounts for that i wonder if your code
either does, or plans too, is the LANG attribute for strings? the
AXIS, HEADER combination in Tables? elements that are children of DEL
elements? preserving whitespace in PRE elements? Many of the same
issues that are addressed in the hCard-parsing apply to the hCalendar
as well.[1]

Thanks for all the hard work, hopefully we can help each other make
better products.

-brian

[1] - http://www.microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing

On 2/7/06, Mark Mansour <mark at lifelint.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the kind words Tantek,
>
> I've added notes to both the implemenation and examples pages.  It
> wasn't obvious to me where to put a reference to my examples, so I put
> them at the top :)
>
> I look forward hearing more from everyone.
>
> Mark
>
> > Mark this is awesome!
>
> > Definitely add a link to your implementation (and blog post about it) to the
> > "Implementations" section in the hCalendar spec:
> >
> >  http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar#Implementations
> >
> > As well as a link to your test cases on the hCalendar examples page:
> >
> >  http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-examples
> >
> > Thanks and well done!
> >
> > Tantek

> --