[uf-discuss] hCalendar test cases and parser

Mark Mansour mark at lifelint.com
Wed Feb 8 02:21:00 PST 2006

On 2/8/06, Brian Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:
> i have run X2V through some of the Tests and already caught several
> problems with my XSLT code. Most of the errors are one of three
> things:

<snip>

Fantastic - this means that the test cases have already been useful.

> In the next few days i hope to make any and all corrections to X2V and
> bring-it-up-to-speed, most of the time recently has been spent on
> hCard, so it will be good to clean-up loose ends for hCalendar

great.

> The few things i noticed X2V accounts for that i wonder if your code
> either does, or plans too, is the LANG attribute for strings?

I was supporting the lang attribute on the <html> element, but I was
incorrectly looking for the xml:lang attribute.  This is now fixed.
I've also allowed the xml:lang attribute to be added to any element to
override the language defined in the <html> element.  I've added test
cases for this.

>the
> AXIS, HEADER combination in Tables?

I have not implemented this and I don't plan to.  It is a lot of work
for something isn't being used currently.  If it gets adoption I'll
look into it.

>elements that are children of DEL
> elements?

I've just just added this and created test cases.

> preserving whitespace in PRE elements?

I'm not preserving PRE spacing.  I'd like some good examples of this
before I implement it.  I'm struggling to see why you'd want this.

> Many of the same
> issues that are addressed in the hCard-parsing apply to the hCalendar
> as well.[1]
>
> Thanks for all the hard work, hopefully we can help each other make
> better products.

Agreed.  I'm enjoying the collaborative way the microformats community
works.  Keep it coming!

Mark