[uf-discuss] affiliations in hResume

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Feb 8 16:39:29 PST 2006

I'm working on an hResume draft and have an issue that needs some
discussion. A common element in resumes online seems to be
'affiliations,' which are usually professions organizations of which
the resume writer is a member. I'm not quite sure how we should
express these. My two suggestions are on the wiki [http://
microformats.org/wiki/resume-brainstorming#affiliations], but I'll
also paste them here:

> 1. class~="affiliation" + hcard -- use classname 'affiliation' + an
> hcard for the organization of which the user is a member
> 2. a rel or rev value for membership/affiliation (this doesn't
> capture the name of the organization or any other information, but
> could be useful outside resumes

Thoughts? Feelings? Complaints?

-ryan