[uf-discuss] hAtom progress

Benjamin Carlyle benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 10 18:55:45 PST 2006

Charles,

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 21:13 -0800, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
> I was encoding one website I was making with hAtom and there's one
> issue I found.  Although we have rel-bookmark for declaring the link
> to the entry, there is no way (defined within hAtom) for declaring the
> link for the comments associated with the entry.
> Perhaps this should be addressed in hAtom.

I think the main reason this is not addressed in hAtom is because it was
not addressed in atom. I have been lead to believe this was a deliberate
decision by the committee to avoid trying to solve too hard a problem. I
think hAtom or similar formats will be applied to comments in some way
over time, but I also think we will need a little more experience with
the standard before formally tackling hard problems like this.

I think you'll see something like this happen a year or two from now,
but not until hAtom is pretty mature and well-trodden.

--
Benjamin Carlyle <benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au>