[uf-discuss] distributed discussion and cite-rel

Eran limbo at actcom.co.il
Wed Feb 22 11:56:57 PST 2006

Brian,

There are several reasons for that:

1. It seems to be more semantically correct. The cite element means a
citation, adding a class to it, would seem to mean a specific type of
citation.
2. This does not any new rel values.
3. This is more in sync with possible developments in XHTML2 (which adds rel
and rev attributes to cite). Making the transition to future versions
simpler.

See Cite element in XHTML2 here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-text.html#edef_text_cite
More relevant discussion on my blog: http://hellonline.com/blog/?p=19