[uf-discuss] Microformat for forms to post comments?

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu Feb 23 14:50:19 PST 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 11:54 PM, Julien Couvreur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Most bloggers have the problem of following up on the comments they
> leave on other people's website. One of the challenges to solving this
> comment tracking problem is that comment forms come in many shapes.
> Would this be a good problem to solve with a microformat?
> Has any microformat of this kind been discussed before?

There's been some discussion around 'blog description' formats on the
list and wiki. Search the wiki for 'blog description' and 'mfcomment'
for the past discussion.

> As a side question, do we know if some microformats really gained a
> lot of adoption? If so, which ones?

Some, yes. See google's recent web authoring statistics [http://
code.google.com/webstats/index.html].

As for specific formats, I don't have the data, but usage of rel-tag
is in the millions and hcard/hcalendar are in the 10's to 100's of
thousands of instances on the web.

There's been some work to crawl and index all µf'ed content, people
working on that may have more to say.

-ryan