[uf-discuss] REMINDER: hCalendar IRC meetup tomorrow/today

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Feb 25 09:04:51 PST 2006

Hi Mark,

On 2/24/06 10:47 PM, "Mark Mansour" <mark at lifelint.com> wrote:

> Hi uF peeps,
>
> The summarised notes from the hCal meetup are available here
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-irc-meetup-20060225

Thanks for posting these.  Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the IRC
meetup.

> The items for discussion were posted to
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-issues as soon as I was made
> aware that this was the correct place to put them, which unfortunately
> was just before the scheduled time.  The questions have been available
> for over a week at
> http://www.lifelint.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/hcalendar-agenda-20060
> 225.html

I believe there are good answers (either explicit or implicitly defined in
the current spec) to most of these issues, and I'll go through them, and
answer as many as I can, perhaps moving some to the FAQ.

> The main implication from the meeting is that the vcalendar class
> seems redundant.

For now, see "Note 2" on the Example in the spec.

Ah, I see the source of confusion now.  It looks like some damage done by a
vandal, change 07:53 6 Jan 2006 by Serginandr, was not undone unfortunately,
and thus part of "Note 2" was hidden (it was a markup example).  I'll go fix
it.

> But you'll find more info in the notes and the IRC
> discussion.

Thanks,

Tantek