[uf-discuss] hReview feedback

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Jan 11 23:14:21 PST 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 11:24 AM, Scott Reynen wrote:

> Mark Nottingham wrote:
>
>> For example, a review's author might be inferred from the Web site
>> it's hosted on.
>
> What about doing something similar to hAtom:
>
> 'if an Entry has 0 Entry Author elements, the "logical Entry
> Author" is assumed to be the author of the XHTML page' [1]
>
> [1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom#Entry_Author

This is reasonable, but there's a bigger point here-

The problem of "identifying authors in (X)HTML documents" is IMNSHO,
solved with <address> + hcard. Sure, the scope of <address> is fuzzy
and an hcard may just be the person's name. Yet, I think this is a
case where we need to make sure to reuse stuff we already have in
html and microformats, rather than reinventing.

-rk

--
Ryan King
ryan at technorati.com