[uf-discuss] hReview feedback

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Jan 12 18:12:57 PST 2006

John Panzer wrote:

> That is, if my review the content of a blog entry, and my entry's
> title
> is my blog entry's title, do I need to repeat it?  Or can readers use
> "headline" for whatever they'd normally use "summary" for?
>
> Since "summary" is optional, this isn't as critical as "author",
> but it
> would be nice to know what the best thing to do is where you really do
> want to supply it, but want to avoid duplication.

In hAtom, we could just use multiple class names, e.g.:

	<h4 class="summary title">Review of Something</h4>

But when that gets converted into Atom (or read directly by an
aggregator), it will no longer be recognizable as an hReview, because
it's not part of the content.  To have it included in the content, it
would need to be like:

	<h4 class="title">Review of Something</h4>
		<h5 class="summary">Review of Something</h4>

So how would we use hAtom to syndicate microformatted data without
such redundancy?  Or is that a 20% case?

Peace,
Scott