[uf-discuss] hReview feedback

John Panzer jpanzer at aol.net
Thu Jan 12 17:11:50 PST 2006

Benjamin Carlyle wrote on 1/11/2006, 1:05 PM:

 > On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 13:24 -0600, Scott Reynen wrote:
 > > Mark Nottingham wrote:
 > > > For example, a review's author might be inferred from the Web site
 > > > it's hosted on.
 > > What about doing something similar to hAtom:
 > > 'if an Entry has 0 Entry Author elements, the "logical Entry Author"
 > > is assumed to be the author of the XHTML page' [1]
 >
 > Reviews are often carried out in blog entries, so if hAtom sees
 > widespread adoption it may also be useful to say "is assumed to be the
 > author of the containing hAtom entry". You could try and generalise by
 > saying "the containing microformat", but that is probably going too far.

Is there a parallel argument with regard to hReview's "summary", hAtom's
  "headline" and Atom 1.0's "title"?

That is, if my review the content of a blog entry, and my entry's title
is my blog entry's title, do I need to repeat it?  Or can readers use
"headline" for whatever they'd normally use "summary" for?

Since "summary" is optional, this isn't as critical as "author", but it
would be nice to know what the best thing to do is where you really do
want to supply it, but want to avoid duplication.

--
John Panzer
Sr. Technical Manager