[uf-discuss] hReview feedback

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Thu Jan 12 22:02:34 PST 2006

"Scott Reynen" wrote...
> Paul Bryson wrote:
>
>> On the topic of hReview, I think it works really well with one
>> exception.
>> The "Rating" system seems woefully inadequete.  I guess 1-5 is a  common
>> case, but certainly not 80%.  There should be a machine readable  way to
>> mark
>> the upper and lower bounds of the rating.
>
> There is.
>
> "The rating is an integer from 1 to 5 inclusive indicating a rating  for
> the item, higher indicating a better rating. Optionally a  different
> integral "worst" value and/or "best" value MAY be specified  (e.g. 6 from
> 0-10)."

To clarify, there should be a better way.  Specifically, a better way to
mark the lower bound.  I can't think that I've ever seen a review that tells
you if the lower bound is 1 or 0.  So, how do you provide that information
without looking silly?

The currently used date-pattern allows the entire date/time including
timezone to be provided, all without overwhelming the reader.  I would like
to see a similar method.

Atamido
 - who thinks he should start reading all conversations before posting.