[uf-discuss] Universal Feed Parser 4.2 will support microformats

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:31:23 PST 2006

I just checked support for basic microformat parsing into feedparser.py CVS.

Currently supported:
- rel=tag (maps to 'tags', like atom:category, rss:category, dc:subject, etc.)
- rel=enclosure (maps to 'enclosures', like rss:enclosure and

To David: sorry, I decided against using your Almost Universal
Microformat Parser because it requires well-formed XHTML, which is
unacceptable for my needs.  I may, however, try to adapt your code to
handle more complicated microformats like hCard, which would be quite
messy to support with my current SAX-based approach.

SourceForge's anonymous CVS is on a time-delay, but I believe the test
cases will show up here within a few hours: