[uf-discuss] hReview feedback

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Jan 18 09:28:06 PST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 10:42 PM, Paul Bryson wrote:
> A good portion of the numerical ratings on the internet are
> aggregates of
> many people voting, usually without their own detailed reviews, so
> getting a
> float value for the rating would be pretty likely.

I think this missed the point. Its those individual votes which are
candidates for hreview, not the aggregate data.

> I'm also pretty sure
> that some professional reviewers for papers, reviewing movies, will
> rate in
> 0.5 increments, but I have no idea how common that is.
>> The start..end syntax is quite a nice shorthand for defining a range,
>> more typographic than mathematical though.
> I like "..." for being more user friendly, but it may also be more
> difficult
> to deal with when parsing.  Any input?

In my opinion, programming language syntax is not the same as "what
people do on the web." To have a more productive discussion here,
lets focus on "what do people do, on the web, to denote the range of
the rating in their reviews?"

Ryan King
ryan at technorati.com