[uf-discuss] Fwd: Press release microformat

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 18 11:02:54 PST 2006

On 1/18/06 10:06 AM, "Tim White" <tjameswhite at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I think we have a consensus: "just use hAtom." Now, about hAtom....
>

> Having taken a quick look at a couple of releases, I concur that hAtom
> seems to work.
>
> How would someone from the outside know to use hAtom for a press
> release? Should there be a page (FAQ, "Looking for...", etc.) on
> microformats.org to direct people to the correct format(s)?

Tim this is an excellent suggestion.

I'd say for now, definitely add it to the microformats faq:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/faq

Longer term, we may want additional specific wiki pages for:

 1. I want a microformat to do foo (e.g. press releases) what should I use?

 2. Rejected microformat proposals (and what to use instead).

to specifically address the point you make, which is that someone new to the
community doesn't necessarily have the benefit of all the email threads.

Thanks,

Tantek