[uf-discuss] Fwd: Press release microformat

Tim White tjameswhite at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 17:57:13 PST 2006

--- Ryan King wrote:

There should: http://microformats.org/wiki/use

--- Tantek �elik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Tim this is an excellent suggestion.
> I'd say for now, definitely add it to the microformats faq:
>  http://microformats.org/wiki/faq
> Longer term, we may want additional specific wiki pages for:
>  1. I want a microformat to do foo (e.g. press releases) what should
> I use?
>  2. Rejected microformat proposals (and what to use instead).
> to specifically address the point you make, which is that someone new
> to the
> community doesn't necessarily have the benefit of all the email
> threads.

Thanks -- exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

I've added a line to http://microformats.org/wiki/faq, "Which
microformats should I implement?" Let me know if it should be added to
the "use" page as well.

Longer term, I think something like the "use" page should be put on the
microformats.org site proper (i.e. NOT in the wiki) to help newcomers
see what they can do right off the bat.

~ Tim

Do You Yahoo!?