[uf-discuss] Microformat for linking to XML source (to replace the Structured Blogging plugin's embedding method)

Phillip Pearson pp at myelin.co.nz
Wed Jan 18 17:26:19 PST 2006

>Wasn't "text/xml" deprecated?!  And instead you are suppose to use
>"application/xml" or "application/???+xml", etc.  (If I remember
>correctly, this was done because of text-transcoders and conflicts
>between "text types" specified with HTTP and XML.  I think I read this
>on Mark Pilgrim's blog... but I couldn't find the article.)

Cool, I just checked, and it looks like Internet Explorer shows the XML
source if you send application/xml as the content type.  That's what was
stopping me.  I was under the impression that text/xml was the only way
to get that to work.  application/foobar+xml doesn't, AFAIK, though.

So in that case I have no objection to publishing as application/xml.

Cheers,
Phil