[uf-discuss] Fwd: Press release microformat

Tim White tjameswhite at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 12:46:54 PST 2006

--- Tantek �elik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> I'm not so sure about that "put on the microformats.org site proper".
>
> It's much easier to maintain/correct/update content on the wiki

But much harder to find, especially for someone new visiting the site.
(The wiki is not the most user-friendly...)

> (especially
> in a distributed community fashion), and unless something is fairly
> solid/figure out, it probably should be kept on the wiki.

Agreed. The page should be pretty solid.

> The "use" page will undoubtedly grow *every time* someone asks for a
> new use
> case or a new microformat to do XYZ.  This seems like a good fit for
> a wiki
> page.

Good point. So maybe a page with some of the more common questions
(like the current "use" wiki page) could be put on the mf.org site
proper, with a "see more uses..." linked to the ever-growing wiki page?

I'm just thinking of newbies (like me : ) browsing the mf.org pages. I
know the wiki was pretty off-putting to me at first.

~ Tim