[uf-discuss] hReview feedback

Benjamin Carlyle benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jan 20 14:21:06 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 12:13 -0600, Paul Bryson wrote:
> "Ryan King" wrote...
> > On Jan 17, 2006, at 10:42 PM, Paul Bryson wrote:
> >> A good portion of the numerical ratings on the internet are  aggregates
> >> of
> >> many people voting, usually without their own detailed reviews, so
> >> getting a
> >> float value for the rating would be pretty likely.
> > I think this missed the point. Its those individual votes which are
> > candidates for hreview, not the aggregate data.
> I would have thought that they would both be canidates.  One is as common as
> the other, and there is so much overlap that it seems wasteful to me to
> ignore aggregate data.

I think it may be especially important to be able to mark up aggregate
ratings as well as individual ratings, given that the aggregate may be
of data not available to the web as individual ratings (think Amazon).
It does seem likely, however, that the hReview format as written is not
a good match to aggregates. It is designed to include text descriptions
as well as a simle rating.

--
Benjamin Carlyle <benjamincarlyle at optusnet.com.au>