[uf-discuss] "media-info-examples" and "examples"

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 23 16:57:40 PST 2006

On 1/1/06 11:30 AM, "Tantek Çelik" <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> 5. Media Info.  Formerly known as media-metadata.

> I want to see this happen.  I'm not a media info domain expert.  If I have
> to, I'll jump in myself and be draconian about the simplification.  I'm
> hoping that at least a few of the experts out there are tired of the
> complexity and over-design of previous/existing attempts (including perhaps
> the attempts by their own companies), and would at least entertain and try
> simpler approaches.  In the interest of a fresh look focused first on
> simplicity and minimalism, here is a start:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-examples

I started this page shortly after sending this email and added just one
example of a podcast.

Since then, Joshua Kinberg and Mary Hodder have added several *simple*
media-info examples and the page has grown.  Thanks Josh and Mary, and
especially to Mary for the analysis of the implied schemas of the examples
posted.

I've done just a bit of wiki gardening/organizing to make the page a bit
more consistent.

If you are interested in simple media-info, please take a look at the
examples page, and if you know of any other representative examples, please
consider adding them in a similar format to what's already there.

In particular we could use a couple of simple "music" media-info examples.

Please be sure to read the top section *thoroughly* before editing this
page, and we'll all do our best to keep this page clean and simple.

In addition, working through some of the examples, I realized that it would
be good to note a few more aspects of what makes a good "*-examples" page
for microformats research when following the microformats process, and I've
added some more to the "examples" wiki page accordingly:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/examples

Please take a look.

Thanks,

Tantek