[uf-discuss] Re: [microformats-discuss] hReview

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 27 00:34:53 PST 2006

Many moons ago...

On 7/21/05 12:24 PM, "Eran" <limbo at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> So after wrangling hCard enough to get some data of it, I'm moving on to
> hReview.
>
> First of all, I must say, thanks for the examples! One of the things I
> was really missing with hCard was _valid_ examples, the ones in hReview
> are a great help.

Good to hear.

> Most of the spec seems clear enough but I've got some issues with
> multiple category ratings. According to the spec one should use rel-tags
> and put the rating inside the tag, why not do it the other way around?

The suggestion to allow it seems interesting.

> As we're not rating a tag but tagging a rating.

Actually the original intent was to provide a scalar for a tag but your
interpretation could also be applied.

> So the example given:
>
> <ul class="categories">
> <li><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food" rel="tag">
>   Food: <span class="rating">18</span>/<span
> </ul>
>
> Changes to:
>
> <ul class="categories">
> <li>
>   <abbr class="rating" title="18">
> 18/<span class="best">30</span>
>   </abbr>
> </li>
> </ul>

I believe this can be simplified even further, and we can avoid the
unnecessary duplication of the rating "18" using the "value" construct from
hCard:

<ul>
  <li class="rating">
  </li>
</ul>

I have added this as a suggestion to hreview-feedback.

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview-feedback

Thanks,

Tantek