[uf-discuss] A couple of real-world usage problems

Stephen Downes stephen at downes.ca
Tue Jul 11 07:35:47 PDT 2006

brian suda wrote:
> When someone imports this iCalendar all of these events will be on the
> same "Calendar" as separate events. This is the easiest way to make a
> single big block of time representing the WHOLE event, with several
> individual events.

What is an event is a part of a larger event, which is part of a still
larger event? Which one is the 'calendar' then?

No, an event is an event is an event.

I have maintained in the past, and continue today, that there should be
a tag indicating that one item is a 'parent' of another, so that all
events, be they large, medium or small, as tagged as events, and related
to each other through tjhis 'parent' relation.

-- Stephen

--
Stephen Downes  ~  Research Officer  ~  National Research Council Canada
http://www.downes.ca  ~  stephen at downes.ca         __\|/__ Free Learning