[uf-discuss] Is the world ready for head[profile]?

Ryan Cannon ryan at ryancannon.com
Sun Jul 16 20:38:50 PDT 2006

Greetings,

I recently redesigned my site and had some wild ideas about defining
the loosely-collect @rel values I have on my site (pgpkey, icon,
pingback, editURI, etc.) as well as assorted Microformat values for
@rel that do not have formal XMDP set up already. The long-term goal
is to create a Firefox Extension/Greasemonkey Script/Bookmarklet that
displays meaningful information for them. My question is twofold:

Why are most microformat profiles written in encoded html[1][2]? Is
this to show that they are only drafts?

Is it beneficial to create my xhtml metadata profiles and publish
them without submitting them to a standards body? Is their harm in
publishing xhtml metadata profiles willy-nilly?

Cheers,
--
Ryan Cannon

Interactive Developer