[uf-discuss] Developing a strategy for deployment of microformats

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 14:06:25 PDT 2006

There is another "gotcha" with date-times in iCalendar. This might not
be your issue and i'm not sure how various implementations handle this,
but end dates are not inclusive.

For example:
DTSTART: 20060101
DTEND: 20060102

This is NOT a two day event, this will end at midnight between the 1st
and 2nd.

If you wanted a two day event you would have to use
DTSTART: 20060101
DTEND: 20060103

-or-

DTSTART: 20060101
DTEND: 20060102T235959

Google Calendar MIGHT be using INCLUSIVE dates (it would be a simple
test to find out), so that might be some of the problems as well.

Just an FYI to anyone, be aware of this, i know i have been guilty
myself of coding-up an hCalendar and then forgetting about exclusive
dates and having conference events ending a day short!

-brian