[uf-discuss] Developing a strategy for deployment of microformats

Brian Kelly b.kelly at ukoln.ac.uk
Tue Jul 18 14:32:48 PDT 2006

Hi Ryan
    Thanks for the response.
    From my point of view (as a non-programmer looking to promote uf to
a wider audience) I would argue that if uf applications are flawed or if
processing time gives unexpectedresults, then even if the uf specs
themselves are great, there will be understandable user reluctance to go
down this path.
   So. for example, if users will have to manually add an hour when
BST/DST is in operation, then there's a need to inform them of this.
   I therefore have an interest in test cases and in mechanisms for
"approved uf-compliant" viewers, as well as in approaches to encouraging
takeup of uf (hence the subject line of this email - a  strategy for
deployment of microformats.  i.e. I think a response of 'if the code is
buggy, take it up with the author' misses the point of encouraginng
takeup by the average user.

Brian

PS - ukoln server has been down due to an air-conditioning problem.
But Ciran has looked into that specific problem - see mt other email..

--
Brian Kelly
Email:  b.kelly at ukoln.ac.uk