[uf-discuss] geo and named locations

Ben Buchanan wzqtptl02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jul 23 23:52:03 PDT 2006

> It actually makes me wonder whether a  element geo will ever exist by
> itself, unattached from an hCard? Indeed, the same might go for adrs.

My thought there is what is the point of a GEO or ADR if it's not
associated with a name? It might perhaps default to "the location of
the page" (a very hazy concept when you think about it :)) or
"location of the page owner".

Basically, for an unattached GEO or ADR... if a service indexed the
page and grabbed the microformat content, would it be especially
useful on its own?

> The problem is, finding use cases for say geo and adr unassociated
> with an hCard.

It could be an alternative to using meta-data, eg. <meta name="ICBM"
content="-27.460000,153.020000"> which is picked up by some "blogs by
location" indexes. The question of exactly what it means still stands
though.

cheers,

Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not