[uf-discuss] solidifying multiple hatom feed behavior

Chris Casciano chris at placenamehere.com
Wed Jul 26 05:59:16 PDT 2006

On Jul 26, 2006, at 6:58 AM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:

> Chris Casciano wrote:
>
>> You're missing my case of working with a document that normally
>> assumes a full page feed
>> if a page is coded for that minimal case then all could be working
>> just fine unless one of the authors of the site happens to post a
>> feed in the body of an item and then you've gone and totally
>> rewired the document as a result.
>> I don't see where opacity comes in here when the page wide feed
>> disappears under these circumstances...

>> If I'm understanding your reading of the spec someone could be
>> subscribing to the blog posts via page.html and have things work
>> as expected until post-003 is made and it "hijacks" the blog feed
>
> Under what circumstances would the author of the post put a "hfeed"
> into it? If you're thinking about quoting another blog, we've
> already got that covered by the <blockquote> rules in entry [1].
>
> Regards, etc...
> David
>
> [1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom#Entry

I can think of two offhand...

- first is an example feed when talking about mfs... which i admit
coud be rare
- something like my versionhistory mini-feeds[1][2], though I've used
them on non-blog pages, might be a more common scenario for those
that keep similar content in blog posts[3] or forum posts [4]

That said, I'm not sure the blockquote rule applies without seeing
rules for parsing order and what takes precedent... I'd still think
in the scenario I posted that the outer feed would never be a
microformat for that rule to apply.

[1] http://placenamehere.com/mf/nnwextract/#versionhistory
[2] http://placenamehere.com/mf/netnewswire/#versionhistory

[3] http://compooter.org/article/97/textpattern-plugin-ajw-technorati-