[uf-discuss] Re: Exploratory discussion: content rating

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Jul 27 10:05:16 PDT 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Drew McLellan wrote:

> On 27 Jul 2006, at 16:53, Scott Reynen wrote:
>
>> It would also be useful to follow the process, which requires
>> someone to go around to sites full of NSFW content and document
>> the markup.  I believe the only volunteers to do this last time
>> around were being facetious.  One problem with researching NSFW
>> markup is that it's not safe for work.
>
> You're going to have to enlighten me as to how the process is not
> being followed. As I said, I'm new to this.

"Go around to sites full of NSFW content and document the markup"
covers the relevant section of the process, I think.  Of course, this
is only worth doing if you don't believe rel-tag is sufficient as
Tantek suggested, in which case you should look for examples of where
it wouldn't work, and see if they make up a large enough portion of
online content to not be dismissed as outliers.

> As per points 1.1 and 1.2 of http://microformats.org/wiki/process
> we've started discussing it publicly (first in #microformats, and
> now brought here for completeness) and have begun assembling an
> examples page on the wiki.

I didn't realize there was a wiki examples page already.  Where is it?

> No one's making proposals, and we've only really talked about any
> kind of implementation in illustrative terms. We're very much
> trying to follow the process.

I didn't mean to suggest you weren't following the process.  I was
just trying to point out the humorous situation I was imagining, in
which someone walks by, sees you looking at a porn site, and then you
turn around and try in vain to explain "Seriously, I'm doing research
for a microformat."

Peace,
Scott