[uf-discuss] Easy book citations

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 10:23:18 PDT 2006

On 7/30/06, Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:

> Now, it is a happy coincidence that the microformat I've created as an ad-hoc
> thing and am using on You Need To Read This uses exactly the same namespace as
> BibTeX - but that is because "author", "title" and "book" are pretty obvious
> names for the things they describe. :)

Actually, "book" shows the problem with the BibTeX model. It's not at
all obvious.

Now, if you had "book title," then maybe.  But that's only when you
are encoding chapters. If you have a standalone book, then you use
"title."

OTOH, if you just have a single title structure and allow it to
include an additional class attribute to qualify it (like "container"
or "publication"), problem solved.

Bruce