[uf-discuss] hReview for bugs, and hAtom for comments

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu Jun 1 17:15:37 PDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm Geoffrey Sneddon <http://geoffers.uni.cc/>, a 14 year old
> Martian from Pluto (well, actually, from Scotland, but that's far
> too credible) and I've "been working with the web (almost) since
> the day he was born." [Ryan Parman].

Hi Geoffrey - welcome!

> For those of you who haven't heard in IRC what I'm currently
> working on, here's a brief summary: I'm working on a bug tracking
> application, in PHP, written from the ground up to be both
> accessible and usable, for the simple reasons that (IMO) people
> will be more likely to report a bug if it is easy to do so, and
> easy to understand what to do on the site.
>
> I've got a static version of the bug page, which has all the
> microformat goodness at http://geoffers.dotgeek.org/fbug/bug.html.
> The styling most certainly isn't final, and everything from the
> "Post A Comment" down is pretty much just there so I don't forget
> what I want on the page; however, the rest of the HTML shouldn't
> change massively. Anybody got any comments on it?

Yeah, I have a few ideas....

First....

 ><dt>Priority</dt>

In general a review's rating is about the 'item,' not self-
referential. Perhaps you should make this multi-dimensional [http://
microformats.org/wiki/hreview#Multidimensional_Restaurant_Review]?

Second...

 ><dt>Category</dt>
 ><dd class="category">Feed Encoding</dd>

Perhaps you should use tags here?

Third...

Should be entry-title, no?

Should be entry-content, no?

Otherwise looks very interesting. I notice that you're using the
'description' class name on the comments. Are you planning on making
the comments into hreviews as well?

-ryan

--
Ryan King