[uf-discuss] Microformats for newcomers, rel="must-include"?

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 14:16:40 PDT 2006

On 6/6/06, Brian Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great to hear that Microformats are making their way into this book!
> Sorry we missed you at www2006.

Me too ('fraid I didn't have a clean kilt).

> A good resource for digestible chunks of microformat information can
> be found in the many presentations about microformats:
> http://microformats.org/wiki/presentations
>
> There is also a list of Podcasts that deal with microformats as well:
> http://microformats.org/wiki/podcasts

Thanks Brian. To be honest I've a feeling the microformats bit will
write itself, the trickiest bit being resisting quoting the Wiki
verbatim.

btw, Tantek, I will probably mention RDF/A, but I assure you it'll be
done in the best possible taste* :-)

Cheers,
Danny.

*  bleah, spit it out: if we're now transitioning to/are on Web 2.0 I
can't see XHTML 2.0 getting much traction before Web 4.6 or so, which
I'm afraid to my eyes undermines any visible promise of RDF/A, much
that I appreciate the motivation behind it. In the meantime
microformats are RDF-interpretable, and Ian's eRDF offers (near-?)
full RDF in the currentish HTML...and then there's always <link
rel="alternate" type="application/rdf+xml"...

--

http://dannyayers.com