[uf-discuss] include pattern question

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Jun 8 12:02:05 PDT 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:

>> At first thought, I don't see why not, but it might require some more
>> research.
>
> I just checked the spec (HTML4.01), and I agree with Scott's
> conclusion.

That was actually Ryan's conclusion.

I have a question about the include pattern: is it okay to use
inclusion on elements whose semantics are tied to parent elements?
In Michael's example, does <area> still carry the same meaning when
it has been copied via inclusion outside of its container <map>?  Can

Peace,
Scott