[uf-discuss] hCalendar and attendees

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 17:21:03 PDT 2006

Faruk, this is not an error on your end. The web service that converts
an HTML to an ics file currently does not yet support ATTENDEE. This
was brought-up back in November[1] 2005, but wasn't much discussed.
Attendee is a slightly weird property because it can take several
attribute which were never flushed out, so the web service put
implementing that on hold.

If you want to discuss HOW to actually encode attendee i sugest having
a look at the RFC and we can move forward from there.

-brian

[1] - http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-dev/2005-November/000039.html

On 6/10/06, Faruk Ates <farukates at mac.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've recently launched a mini-site with a bunch of events surrounding
> the @media conference: http://notmedia.kurafire.net/
>
> Tantek correctly remarked about the lack of hCalendar in the site, so
> I swiftly corrected that heinous mistake. However, I could not get
> the attendees to work and I'm not sure why.
>
> Jeremy Keith pointed me to the part of the spec that said to use the
> hCard microformat for people in the hCalendar, but when I did so it
> still wouldn't register my attendees in iCal.
>
> What I currently have:

> What I changed it to in order to use hCard:

> But alas, to no avail.
>
> Am I not doing it right or is this a much trickier issue? :-)  I'd
> love to get the attendees working as well; right now they're just
> listed in the description of the event, not quite a perfect solution ;-)
>
> Any input will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
> Faruk Ates

brian suda