[uf-discuss] hResume and object-based include

Steve Ganz steve at ganz.name
Sun Jun 11 18:11:11 PDT 2006

I think we all agree that using the <address> element is certainly the most
semantically appropriate element to use when marking up a document author's
contact information.

The question is whether or not using <address> as the parent element for the
author's hCard is a SHOULD or a MUST in hResume. As Angus mentions, it poses
a problem because the <address> element is an inline element and thus only
accepts inline elements as children.

In the hResume draft, it is written:

Schema:

* contact info. required. <address> + hCard.

Field Details:

* contact:: Current contact info. The <address> with hCard.

Does the above mean an hResume author MUST use the <address> element to mark
up the authors hCard?

In my hResume (http://steve.ganz.name/hresume/), I've chosen to mark up only
the "adr" portion of my hCard with the <address> element. It is most
important for me to use the <h1> element to mark up my "fn" and "n", so I've
placed that outside of the <address> element and am using a <div> for the
parent hCard. So while this is valid XHTML, is it valid hResume?

Thanks,
Steve

On Monday, June 12, 2006 Brian Suda wrote