[uf-discuss] media file example of hAtom

Kevin Marks kmarks at technorati.com
Wed Jun 14 00:54:59 PDT 2006

rel-enclosure is deliberately limited, so that it can be used as part
of a wider format.

The issue of alternative representations seems like a common one for
media. At the HTML level rel="alternate" is used for this.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.3

If you are listing alternatives, use  a list

So for your examples, a possible model would be

<ol class="alternatives">
<li><a href="story.doc" rel="enclosure alternate"
type="application/msword">the story in Word format</a></li>
<li><a href="story.pdf" rel="enclosure alternate"
type="application/pdf">the story in pdf format</a></li>
<li><a href="story.txt" rel="enclosure alternate" type="text/plain">the
story in text format</a></li>
</ol>

just an initial thought - lets do a proper problem statement and follow
the process:

http://microformats.org/wiki/process