[uf-discuss] LinkedIn and Microformats

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed Jun 14 06:22:53 PDT 2006

On Jun 14, 2006, at 8:08 AM, Hans Gerwitz wrote:

> Just to +1 Chris: I understand that validation is orthogonal for
> Pingerati, but the uF community really needs a reference
> validator.  (Where's Pilgrim when you need him?)

I assume Mark is still working on the validator he mentioned a while
back.  Meanwhile, the rest of us could help validation efforts by
creating test cases.  I know Ryan and others are collecting some
tests here:

http://microformats.org/tests/

But those appear to be more parsing tests than validation tests.
What about establishing a section on the wiki where we could
collaboratively collect sample input and expected validator output
(e.g. Pass, Pass with warning "Profile not found," Fail with error
"Required property not found," etc. )?

Peace,
Scott