[uf-discuss] hResume and object-based include

Steve Ganz steve at ganz.name
Wed Jun 14 19:04:19 PDT 2006

On Jun 13, 2006, at 3:11 AM, Ryan King wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2006, at 9:19 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> > On 6/11/06 6:11 PM, "Steve Ganz" <steve at ganz.name> wrote:

> >> In the hResume draft, it is written:
> >>
> >> Schema:
> >>
> >> * contact info. required. <address> + hCard.
> >
> > How about:
> >
> > * contact info. required.  MUST use hCard.  SHOULD use <address> +
> > hCard.
>
> In the case where the author is *not* using an <address>, we
> lose the semantic of "this is the hCard for the author of
> this page". I don't think it would be a good idea to make all
> hCards in an hResume apply to the author.
>
> > ?
> >
> >> Field Details:
> >>
> >> * contact:: Current contact info. The <address> with hCard.
> >
> > How about:
> >
> > * contact:: Current contact info in an hCard. SHOULD use
> <address> if
> > possible.
> >
> > ?
> >
> >> Does the above mean an hResume author MUST use the
> <address> element
> >> to mark up the authors hCard?
> >
> > It's not clear, nor was that intended by the authors, thus
> we should
> > clarify it.
>
> I agree that its not clear, but I actually intended it to be a MUST.
> Of course, I'm open to that changing, though.

For the time being, I've updated the wiki with Tantek's suggestions.
Hopefully it will  create a spark for people to come up with some solutions
for this problem.

In the meantime, I looked at the existing Examples in the Wild. It looks
like a pattern is developing where people are using the <address> tag
somewhere inside thier "hCard" to mark up either the "adr" or some other
specific chunk of contact info.

Knowing that, maybe it's the other way around. How about...

Schema:

* contact info. required.  Must use hCard that contains an <address>.

And...

Field Details:

* contact:: Current contact info. An hCard that contains an <address>.

Thoughts?