[uf-discuss] Rejoice: Microsoft has invented Microformats!

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Mar 8 03:51:18 PST 2006

Ray Ozzie demoed something called Live Clipboard [1] at ETech. The
application shouldn't be of any surprise to the folks here, though
there's no doubt there is a clever, useful and original part to what MS
has done.

Here's [2] what Ozzie claims:

 > We've defined small XML schemas, microformats that represent the data
 > elements that we might be able to exchange between sites. Where is the
 > clipboard of the web. What is the thing that lets people get
 > information from one site, one web app to another as easily as
 > it's possible to do today with GUI-based apps.

The "microformats" "we" defined are in fact hCard and hCalendar.

I'm not trying to be over sensitive here, I'm sure it's something of an
oversite -- perhaps he meant to say "reused". Maybe. Here's my blog post
http://blog.davidjanes.com/mtarchives/2006_03.html#003555

Regards, etc...

[1] http://tinyurl.com/mabsy
[2] http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2006/03/etech_ray_ozzie.html