[uf-discuss] MicroID - Identity in a shade of microformat

jer jeremie at jabber.org
Mon Mar 27 19:23:45 PST 2006

> Yep, I tend to agree with Holly. It seems that the process for
> verifying
> your identity is identical to the process of creating an identical
> "forgery."

What I need to learn how to say better (and put in a FAQ) is
something like "MicroIDs are not to be validated until a user makes a
claim and you've verified their email address (or whatever comm
identifier they used)".  Does that sound better?

> Also, I've mentioned this before regarding i-tags, using the class
> attribute
> to store information seems like a bad idea in general and violates
> a couple
> of microformats design principles by using hidden meta-data. See
> http://tantek.com/log/2005/06.html#d03t2359 for more about the
> "Principles
> of visibility and human friendliness."

Yes, I'm familiar with the principle and agree with it.  I don't
intend for this to be a true blue microformat, it's simply a token
that can be used to supplement microformats and is intended for
software digestion only.

Jer