[uf-discuss] Citation format straw proposal on the wiki

Breton Slivka zen at zenpsycho.com
Wed Mar 29 11:20:58 PST 2006

True, but a mechanism for this sort of thing already exists for
microformats in XMDP, and in a somewhat more flexiible form, in that
one does not need a monolithic profile for all the modules involved,
one can have a seperate profile for each module and link to each
seperately.

The basic thrust of this is to follow the microformat principal of
solving the simple problem first. Out of all these specific domains
exists a definite "simplest problem". The only dispute that I see is
that the simplest problem doesn't solve all the domain specific
problems. You wouldn't expect it to! So you make additional
microformats to solve the domain specific issues. Thus the "micro" in
microformats, as I understand it.