[uf-discuss] hCard Check / hCalendar question

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri May 5 19:31:35 PDT 2006

There is atleast one issue with the vcard and one or two possible tweaks.

1) the class="fn" is manditory for hCards (that is a requirement of
vCards not just hCards). Also because this is an organization, the
simplest thing to do is to change
class="org" to class="org fn" this will alert some Address Books that
this is a company and it will put the company name as 'display name'
or FN="Formatted Name"

A few minor other things:
<abbr title="California" class="region">CA</abbr>
this is not required, nor is it super important, it is just more
semantic and is personal preference.

In your ORG example you have it split into two sections (which is fine)

i wonder if what you are marking up as organization-unit should be
part of the address. There is an 'extended-address' so maybe
"apprenticeship training center" is best encoded that way.

You are also correct in that reoccuring dates are still up for debate
about how/if/the best way to encode them.

i hope this helps,
-brian

On 5/5/06, Tim White <tjameswhite at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm slowly working microformats onto pages at work (in fact, I included it in my performance goals for the year!) and in my freelance work.
>

> For one site I'm working on, I've got an organization contact coded as:

> I'm not sure if I've got all the bits in the right spot, especially the "org". Comments?
>

> Also, on the same page is
> "every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month between the hours of 12:00 TO 5:00 P.M. ".
>
> Is this something that can / should be coded with hCalendar? I don't quite see how recurring items should be coded. And this being an open-ended schedule, perhaps it is outside the scope of mf?
>
> (Page is available at: http://www.sprinklerfitters483.org/apprenticeship/index.htm)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> ~ Tim
> www.tjameswhite.com