[uf-discuss] Microformats Cheatsheet

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Mon May 8 14:04:55 PDT 2006

brian suda wrote:
> One of the common questions when people are implementing microformats is
> that they are not sure what properties are available and/or which are
> required. The specs are pretty good about explaining what properties are
> REQUIRED, OPTIONAL and their cardinality (0-1, 0-*, 1-*, once).
>
> I know the Wiki also has a chart with all the existing class names[1] to
> help everyone know what is available and a brief description of each
> property.

Having been the creator and only major contributor to that page, I just
wanted to point out that it's not very good.  The list of classes is in
no way complete.  I think I have all of the major ones, but there are
several random ones missing.

The descriptions aren't very good.  I wanted them to be short and
concise, but I think they've just ended up vague.

The list of parents and children are probably missing a number of items.

The list should probably be broken up into groups like A-M and N-Z as
this large of a list becomes unwieldy to edit.

Also, there should probably be a list of each of the type of attributes,
such as REL.

Atamido