[uf-discuss] Microformats Cheatsheet
chris at placenamehere.com
Mon May 8 16:20:38 PDT 2006
On May 8, 2006, at 3:28 PM, brian suda wrote:
> Please have a look and let me know your feedback, i'm open to
> suggestions - it is still a very early iteration so if you find
> let me know and i'll correct them. (There have been requests to make
> this an HTML document, and i probably will, but for a first run i can
> get more minute control if i make things PDFs, as well, any changes
> get folded back into the wiki page)
Looks good. Some quick thoughts and nitpicks:
- I think the author/address markup issues that frequently come up
should be addressed somewhere on the page, as with allowed date formats
and abbr usage.
- perhaps mention the spec version of each format, or status
- I'm not sure how to represent the "should" and the "used/required if
X doesn't exist" relationships in the spec easily.
- I think there's probably more to rel-tag that should be conveyed, and
maybe similar cases with others (directory?) though I'm not as familiar
with them. Not sure how to do it in the space, I know its a cheat
- does type still only apply to adr when its in hcard and not
standalone? I haven't read the docs in a few months.
On a more visual note I would like to see how the other formats like
adr and geo would work broken out.. I know there isn't lot of room, but
if you could pull it off and add some inset boxes or lines showing how
some formats are reused in the space I think one could get a lot more
information from the page just at a glance.
and lastly two non- content comments:
- i'd name the file something different.. maybe mf-cheatsheet.pdf or
something.. don't want to lose it among the 2043820 other cheat sheets
people have been creating.
- it printed on one page for me, but the bottom two lines of the legend
got cutoff... printing from apple preview to my epson 820. maybe its my
setup, but something to watch (top and side margins were fine)
[ Chris Casciano ]
[ chris at placenamehere.com ] [ http://placenamehere.com ]
More information about the microformats-discuss