[uf-discuss] Potentially awesome example: Endo

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue May 9 08:12:48 PDT 2006

On 5/9/06 1:02 AM, "Drew McLellan" <lists at allinthehead.com> wrote:

> On 9 May 2006, at 07:57, Michael McCracken wrote:
>
>> Hi folks, I don't actually use Endo, an OS X aggregator, but I've
>> noticed that it supports discovering hCal and adding those events to
>> iCal.
>> I can't see any references to it in list archives or on the wiki, so I
>> thought I'd mention it here, in case anyone was compiling a list of
>> end-user friendly example uses of microformats.
>>
>> Look at the last screenshot at the bottom of the page:
>> http://kula.jp/software/endo/screenshots/
>>
>> If someone on the list is an enthusiastic Endo/Ecto user, maybe a
>> screencast would help add that Rails-style punch. There ought to be
>> some way to fit in a semi-transparent Terminal window.
>
> That IS an awesome example - simple, yet complete.
>
> Short of anyone here being passionate about Endo, I can give a
> screencast a go.
> I'll need to practise my "whoooops!" to be on a par with RoR.

That would be great Drew!

Perhaps at a minimum we should create a screencasts wiki page where we can
list and document screencasts about microformats, similar to how we have a
podcasts page:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/podcasts

 http://microformats.org/wiki/screencasts

I just started the screencasts page and added a link to the first
microformats screencast I saw, which was Les Orchard's impressive
Greasemonkey script version of the hCalendar creator which allowed you to
easily add an hCalendar event into any TEXTAREA (e.g. in MovableType or
WordPress).

If anyone knows offhand where the LiveClipboard screencasts are that
demonstrate copy/paste of hCard and hCalendar, please add those to the page!

Thanks,

Tantek