[uf-discuss] Re: Sanity check on hCard usage

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Wed May 24 09:35:05 PDT 2006

On May 24, 2006, at 11:11 AM, John Panzer wrote:

> Is this useful enough to mark up as an hcard? There's not much you
> can do with the nickname without more context except display it.

When I get an email or IM from someone I've previously known only as
nickname on some website, I generally create a new vcard for them so
I'll know who they are the next time they contact me.  If I already
had a vcard with their nickname already in it, this would save me one
step.  I'd say hcards are useful for any person or organization
someone might conceivably want to contact.  Whether or not that
usefulness is worth the trouble of marking it up as an hcard will
depend on your context of course, but it's usually a quick task to
add a few class names to a dynamic system.

Peace,
Scott