[uf-discuss] Addressing bits of information

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu May 25 09:30:53 PDT 2006

On 5/25/06 9:25 AM, "Scott Reynen" <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:

> On May 25, 2006, at 10:52 AM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
>
>> What problem is this solving?
>>
>> What human readable content is this marking up?
>>
>> This is sounding off-topic for microformats.  Am I missing something?
>
> I don't think it's about publishing microformats, but rather parsing
> microformats.  That may be off-topic for this list, but it might be
> good to discuss on the microformats-dev list or somewhere

It's sort-of offtopic - in other words, such discussions really should be on
microformats-dev as you say, by folks who are actually working on parsing
microformats.

If you are working on parsing microformats, please say so here and sign up
on the microformats-dev list!

 http://microformats.org/discuss

> as a
> simple re-usable tool for pulling microformats out of documents would
> be useful for anyone building parsers.  And more parsers makes the
> benefits of microformats more obvious to publishers.

Yes, that definitely makes sense.

But discussions of extending URL/URI semantics for addressing bits of
information?  I'm not sure that actually has much bearing on parsing
microformats.  But like I said, perhaps I am missing something.

Thanks,

Tantek