[uf-discuss] vote-for

Siegfried Gipp siegfried at rorkvell.de
Wed Nov 1 11:42:23 PST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 1. November 2006 19:23 schrieb David Osolkowski:
> > > What about <a href="javascript:somevotingfunction()" rel="vote-
> > > for">...</a> ?
> >
> > I believe that means the page containing this link is voting for a
> > JavaScript function.  Probably not what you want to communicate.
>
> Hmm, isn't that backwards?  somevotingfunction() is a vote-for the
> current page.  See the FAQ entry that you yourself linked.  I very
> much doubt that such a link makes sense, though.

Well, at least i know many examples saying exactly that, but without using
rel="vote-for". There are many pages out there trying to make the visitors
vote for them.

I dont' think that i myself will ever do something like that, i never will beg
vor any votes! But who am i to disallow that for anybody else? So, if that
makes sense or not is up to the author of that page, not up to me or the
microformats team. The microformats team simply should define the semantics
of that.